Friday, December 23, 2016

Jeret's Day...

Ten years ago today after 27 hours on this earth God called Jeret back to Heaven.  On this day the pain comes back in full force and we are left with so many questions that we will have answered someday when we join him in Heaven.  I often wonder about how different life would be with you in it, if this day will ever get any easier, and if you know how loved you are.  I would give anything to hold you for one more minute, to touch that baby soft skin, or kiss your skinny hand.  You taught us more in 27 hours than many people will teach me in a lifetime.  You taught me how precious life is, and to never take a day for granted because that may be all you get.   I would give anything to have you here with your dad and I today but I do find peace in the fact that we will spend eternity with you in our arms.  So today I am going to hug your brother, and sisters a little tighter, I won't yell over spilled milk or the messes in their rooms, and I am going to truly remember that your entire life can change in an instants so we need to enjoy the moment we are in.  Rest in peace sweet boy.  We are blessed to call you ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment