Sunday, December 23, 2018

Jeret...

12 years ago today after just 27 hours on this earth my baby boy returned to Heaven. Our hearts were shattered that day and while we may never fully understand why he couldn’t stay here with us I’m thankful for all he taught me in those 27 hours. 
Because of him I will never take a single day for granted, I will always take the extra hugs from his siblings and I will never let a day go by without telling the ones I love how much they mean to me. Because of him I’m a better wife, mother, and daughter. Because of him I’m mindful of the fact that life is precious and that there are lots of things that aren’t going to matter in the end so there’s no point in getting worked up over them. Because of him I am blessed beyond measure.
Do me a favor today and hug your kids a little tighter, don’t sweat the small stuff, and tell the people who matter to you that you love them. Do it because of him.
For someone who only spent 27 hours in this world he sure had a big impact.
Rest In Peace sweet Jeret. Your mom loves you with all her heart and I’m thankful I get to spend eternity with you.









No comments:

Post a Comment