Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses...

Have I ever mentioned how sweet my daughter is?
We went to dinner last Friday night and like always I was encouraging my children to walk faster, and to hurry up so we could get our name on the list before the huge group standing next to us was able to. All of the sudden Aubrey insisted upon stopping. The girl was not going to take no for an answer so to avoid a complete melt down I gave in and stopped to see what it was she needed at that second. When I looked down she was stopped by a flower bed...smelling the flowers. She looked at me with those big brown eyes and said we have to stop and smell the flowers mommy. What a perfect reminder. These two are growing up WAY to fast and I needed that reminder from my sweet two and a half year old to just stop and slow down. Just enjoy the moment we are in because they are not going to slow down. Thanks for the reminder Aubs! You are one perfect little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment