Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day...

Our children were born
Into safety and warmth
Placed in the cradle
Of your loving arms

Hungry mouths fed
Storybooks read
Clothes pulled and placed
over little arms and legs

Diapers are changed
Bottoms are bathed
When Daddy is helping
They still call your name

All through the night
We answer their cries
But only your voice
Seems to make it alright

As morning light breaks
They run to kiss your face
When you feel worn out
We see beauty and strength

Months turn to years
And soon there’ll be tears
‘Cause our children won’t need you
To always be there

And when they leave home
We will grow old
‘Til, like children ourselves
Still in love, we will go

I came across this cute little poem the other day and found it so fitting for Mother's. I have to admit this was not the best Mother's Day ever but the only thing that really matter's is I got to spend it with my amazing family. There were no picture's taken as Aubrey was sicker than she has every been. Turns out she had a horrible ear infection (the cause of her 104 fever) and the medicine they gave her was not working. I am happy to report that today she is doing MUCH better. She is still worn out and not 100% but I will take it compared to how she was this weekend. Her and I took a nice LONG nap on Sunday which was a great mother's day gift. Yesterday Justin had his wisdom teeth pulled so needless to say things around here have been BUSY! I promise there will be lots of pictures, and excitment coming back to the blog! How can I not blog about my two adorable children? Oh and in more exciting news I am FINALLY feeling the baby move! I love that feeling more than anything so I am beyond thrilled. I go back to the doctor on Friday for a rotuine check so I'm sure there will be lots to talk about after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment