Thursday, September 27, 2012

Giving Back...

Justin and I feel as though it is very important for our kids to realize how good they have it. They have been blessed with a wonderful life and we hope and pray they realize that other's do not have it as good as them. With that being said I think it is important for them to be able to give back as much as they possibly can. Last week they had the opportunity to do just that at my mom's church. They were packing baskets for Haiti and the kids went up to help for a couple of hours.  It was a wonderful expericne for them and I think they actually got the concept that they were doing it for people who did not have food.  When I asked Aubrey why she did it she told me that there were people that did not food, and then asked me if I knew that.  What a sweet girl.
Aubrey worked the hardest of the two while there.  She has such a caring personality and she really shined while doing this.  She helped the entire time and worked SO hard.  So proud of that little lady.
Here she is measuring rice.
And then pouring it.
Colten did a great job too.  He just was not as serious as she is.
I hope to find MANY more opportunities for them to give back in the days and the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment