Wednesday, August 21, 2013

1st Grade...

Today was Colten's first day of first grade that means that it should also be Jeret's first day of first grade.
I had not really thought about it much until today, but this morning on the way to school Colten got the best of me when he said mom "I can't wait to trick you when we all get to Heaven", I looked at him confused and he explained that since he and Jeret look the same they were going to play jokes on me in Heaven since I would not be able to tell who was who. Not gonna lie.  That comment got the best of me.
I remember being pregnant with them and wondering how in the world we were going to be able to tell identical twins apart when they were tiny, and in that moment I wanted nothing more than to be bringing three babies to school. Two to first grade and their little sister to kindergarten.
Oh how I long for two twin boys, boys that are best friends, and inseparable, boys that can irritate both their sisters, and each other.
I long to make the decision on if we should separate them or let them be in the same class.I could not help but think about how his name is on a gravestone instead of in a classroom filled with bright colors and happiness. I haven't been able to stop thinking about my sweet boy this morning.
I can't help but wonder what the differences between my boys would be, what Jeret would be like as a six year old.
I'm fortunate enough to be a person who is confident that one day we will see him again.  However today that is a hard pill for me to swallow.  I want to be a family on Earth too.






No comments:

Post a Comment