Thursday, July 15, 2010

Poor Colten...

Colten had his MRI on Monday...needless to say he did not enjoy it very much. Since he is still so little they can not do it without putting him completely under. He was a trooper through it all and I am so thankful for that. Everyone tells me that he won't remember any of it and I hope that's true. We should have our results when we go back on the 27th. I am SO ready for them. I know that the doctor's aren't terribly concerned but with them being concerned enough to want to put him under to do an MRI that's to much for me. Being at Children's Mercy always puts things in perspective and overall we have it pretty darn good compared to most parent's there. I know I need to just count my blessings again, and realize it is nothing I have any control over.

Here Colten is right before his MRI....



Like I said we still don't have our test results but while we were there the doctor's did notice something else! Colten has always been a snorer. Justin and I realized it but never thought it was to the point where we needed to look into. Boy were we wrong! The nurse strongly suggested that we make an appointment with Dr. Rose when we got back to town and figure out why he was snoring so badly. We went to Dr. Rose on Wednesday and he thinks that his tonsil's and adenoids are to big for him. We have an appointment with the ear, nose, and throat doctor on Monday. If that wasn't enough for the poor kid when he was in to get his physical before our MRI appointment the Doctor noticed that one of his testicles does not stay down. GREAT! We also have an appointment with the urologist next week to see why on earth that is...this appointment will probably result in surgery! Dr. Rose thinks when he had his hernia fixed at 3 months they might have done something that sort of stopped that testicle from dropping and the only way to correct it is through surgery! The poor kid is probably going to have to have that surgery, possibly his tonsils and or adenoids out, and whatever solution they come up with for his pituitary glad. On top of that he has to continue on his daily shots (which he does fantastic at!). Poor kid...I'm ready for him to catch a break. I hate to admit it but we have been bribing him with lots of toys, and he has about every Toy Story toy they make now!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Colten! Reading your post just broke my heart. :-( Please keep us posted on his progress. I will keep Colten and your family in our prayers. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete