Monday, August 2, 2010

Road To Recovery!

I'm very happy to report that Colten is on the way to recovery. It was a very long challenging few days for Justin and I. I hate to see my sweet baby in so much pain. It also brought back a lot of unwelcome memories from when Colten and Jeret were born. I found my self looking at the monitors forever and dwelling on the numbers like I constantly did when they were in the hospital. Like I said I am so glad to have all this behind us. We are so blessed and all though it was a minor surgery it is something that I don't wish upon anyone for their child. I know it's routine for the doctors and nurses but it is not for me! I am so that parent that drives everyone crazy asking hundred of questions! Anyways back to how Colten is doing. We had a very low key weekend and catered to his every want and need. He was spoiled rotten with lots of balloons, goodies, jello, Popsicles, and pudding from our wonderful friends and family for bringing lots by to our wonderful little man. He is slowly recovering. Still in pain but doing a little better each day. Thursday Colten was in horrible shape and just slept all day. We were discharged from the hospital about 2:30. They were thinking we would only have to stay an hour or two after his surgery but as soon as he came out of surgery they had to give him a morphine shot for his pain. He woke up before they wanted him to so the shot was a lot more than they wanted to give. His oxygen levels were low so he had to have help with that also until about 1:30. He slept when we got home until we had some friends come visit at about 5:30 or so. He was then up for about an hour and then went back to bed for the night. We did manage to watch toy story in there too thanks to Grandma Karen and Aunt Sara! Friday he laid around all day and slept off and on. When he wasn't sleeping he was watching his new movies! He did not really say much and you could tell it still hurt him a lot to talk. Saturday he was doing better so we took him to target (to be honest Justin and I needed out of the house)! He picked out a new skateboard for being such a brave boy with everything! Our trip to target really wore him out and he took about a 4 hour nap that afternoon and then went to bed at 8:30, and I did too! Yesterday we laid around some more and he finally had a little energy to get up and play with Aubs for short periods of time. That was great to see! He did take a long nap in the afternoon and when he woke up you could tell he was in pain again! I think Aubrey and Colten really missed not playing as much because they were both up last night from 11:30 at night until about 5:00 am this morning! Let me tell you it was a LONG night for Justin and I. We tried locking them in their rooms but they can both open the doors. We watched both Toy Story's again in the night. Colten and Aubrey are both at Grandma's today. To be honest I think I would have stayed home with him again today if it wasn't the first of the month. Overall I think he is feeling better. The doctor says it will take about two weeks to get him back to 100% and I believe that for sure. Thanks again to everyone who sent stuff or stopped by the house. We could not ask for better friends and family!
Colten getting some oxygen!
Aubrey came to visit her brother.
At the hospital trying to wake up enough to go home!
There are some eyes!
Jammies on getting ready to go!
In the wheel chair going home. He was SO tired and in SO much pain but he still has a smile on his face!
At home and settled in mommy's and daddy's bed.
One tired boy!
He wanted something...probably for me to leave him alone!
Aubs came in to bug him!
With some of his new buzz stuff he got in the mail!
So hard to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment