Friday, September 2, 2011

Purple Belt...

Back on August 20th Colten had karate testing for his purple belt. Once again he passed with flying colors. His love for karate is still growing rapidly and I hope that continues in the years to come. I love all the life lessons he is able to pick up along the way. We are blessed to have found a school that teaches values first.
Here Colten is playing the "stranger game" basically what they do is teach them defense to be able to escape a stranger and go get help. This has been a hard thing for him as he was a little freaked out about it at one point but thankfully he had no fear on testing day!
Listening to instructions with Bricen. Bricen tested for his green belt and passed as well!
I love the concentration he has on this one. He is SO serious!
Practicing his balance with the rings.
All lined up to head to the next station.
Of course Colten had a couple of cheerleaders cheering him on! I love my silly girl!
Both Grandma's attended too!
What would I do without her?
All smiles!
Here he is sprinting up to get his next belt when his name was called!
Waiting to be handed his belt!
Showing the belts off after testing! So proud of these boys!
Since all I have done in this post is brag on my little man I thought I would share a story from karate yesterday! They all sit in a circle and talk about "life lessons" at one point during class. This term the word they are focusing on is integrity. They asked who knew what integrity meant and Colten was the only one in the class who knew the answer! Makes for one proud mama! I love that he's growing up to be such a caring, compassionate little man!

1 comment: