Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trip to Visit Jeret...

This past Sunday the kids and I took a trip out to the cemetery. Colten has been talking a lot lately about Jeret and it melts my heart. I knew this day would come but never would have imagined that he would realize and put things together at such a young age. He is very aware of Jeret and the fact that they were in my tummy at the same time. He talks about how he use to play with him and it is always followed by "I miss my brother". We are trying our best to explain things to him and his sister but that is much easier said than done. I think it is something he should know but what is really to much for a four year old? On Sunday he asked me to take him to see his brother. Of course naturally I had to do it. We sat out there for about half an hour and he shared his gummy bears with him. Aubrey went with us. She doesn't truly get it and I am not sure she ever will get it as much as Colten. I feel like the twin bond is still with them. Needless to say it was a relaxing and peaceful time and I love that we can go see him without being completely miserable in the heat. I cannot wait to take them out there again!

Aubrey being Aubrey. She was talking about her brother in this picture and wondering why she can't see him like she sees Colten.
Such a strong, sweet boy. I love him SO much and feel so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. What a little fighter.
Talking to me about his brother, and how they use to play together in my tummy! Have I mentioned I love him beyond words?
This is when he was being very sentimental about Jeret. He was so serious for the first few minutes and then finally relaxed. He was VERY worried about Aubrey stepping on Jeret he kept telling her that we needed to be respectful.
My babies talking to their brother. It melts my heart.
All these extra pregnancy hormones are in overdrive and make me even more emotional about Colten and his brother. I'm glad that he is aware but it is very bittersweet!

1 comment:

  1. I watched a TV special on "Twinless Twins" (when one twin survives and one twin does not) and fully believe that he and Jeret have a strong connection even though Jeret was physically here for just a short time. Colten is one lucky boy to have his brother with him at all times, a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete