Monday, December 23, 2013

Jeret's Day..

As always our hearts ache to day as we long to hold our sweet baby boy. 
It's hard to believe that seven years ago today Justin, and I sat helplessly as a great team of doctors and nurses attempted to save our baby boy.  In the end they were not victorious but I am forever grateful for them.  They sat and cried with us for hours that night.  It's amazing how that night stands out so visibly in our minds. How when you stop and think about it, it feels as though it was just yesterday. 
I am a firm believer that we still have grief because if we did not have that it would feel like we did not have him.  
Justin and I long to hear him play with his brother to have twin boys.  I wish I could say that seven years later my heart doesn't hurt every time I see a set of twins but it does.  I know that now that Colten is aware he hurts as well. I am grateful for the twin bond that I feel will always be there.
Jeret - On this day I want you to know how thankful we are for you. That you will always be a part of our family. That we love you.   We know that our family will be whole again someday in heaven and that day will be amazing.  Until we get there watch over us. Keep us healthy, and happy.  Help us always know that you are by our side.  Let us feel you on both our darkest days, and our brightest.  Most importantly know how loved you are.  Know that even though you are not here on earth with us that you are a HUGE part of our family, and that will never change. Rest in Peace Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment