Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby Mode...


I had my 20 week check, and sonogram on Wednesday! I am in complete denial that I am already 20 weeks along. I guess when you have two at home to chase time goes much faster.
I remember being pregnant with Colten, and Jeret and it felt like the weeks took for ever, and then with Aubrey it went faster but still far from fast (maybe part of the problem was I felt AWFUL with both pregnancies the entire time). This time through it seems as though I am always switching weeks and going to the doctor.
Our sonogram on Wednesday went great. Baby looks healthy and that is all Justin and I care about, so we can count that as a true blessing. At 20 weeks this little bundle of joy weighted in at 11 ounces. So crazy that they start so small. I tried to scan in pictures from the sonogram but they came in way to dark so I decided to not post them.
We also decided that this time we want to be surprised in the delivery room. I don't think that my sister believed that we weren't going to find out (I think she thought we were just going to keep it a secret from everyone) so she ended up coming along and is witness to the fact that we honestly don't know. I can't wait for Justin, the nurse, the doctor or whomever to make that announcement upon delivery. YEA!
I thought it would be a lot harder during the sono to not be tempted to ask, but to be honest once she started I didn't really think about it. I also thought that I would regret not finding out as soon as she was done but so far so good with that too.
We also got another piece of exciting news on Wednesday. They went ahead and scheduled my c-section for Friday October 21st! We are thrilled and were a little shocked that she wanted to schedule it this far out. Now that we have the actual delivery date everything seems real. This baby will be here before we know it. My c-section is scheduled for 7:30 that morning so we get to be at the hospital about 5:30. I'm sure it will be a long day with a sleepless night leading up to it but know that it will all work out and this little miracle will be worth it!

I am in total freak out mode now that we have a date. I know we have several months still but with it being summer, then football season I can already tell you there are not a whole lot of free weekends to get things done. I feel panic to get things done in a timely manner and want to be beyond organized LONG before the 21st of October. I feel like we don't have any "baby" supplies (yes I know it is not true) so I am in the process of making list of things we have things we need, etc. PHEW! Can we say anxiety? So instead of thinking about the anxiety I am having I am going to look at pictures of the we arleady have (it seems like more fun!)...I wonder what this one is going to look like?
Colten...

Jeret...


Aubrey...

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting katie!!!
    Im so happy for you and your little family and think its so fun that you guys are waiting to find out the sex!!

    The blog looks SO good too! Love your banner! di you do it yourself?? I can never get mine to go across the WHOLE screen likethat with no border! :)

    congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete