Wednesday, July 6, 2011

24 Weeks...

Wow! This pregnancy is flying by!
I have decided to document the doctor visits this time even though I have not done them all I think it will be neat to look back some day and see how everything was. You get so busy and forget so quickly what it's like to be pregnant and I know some day I will regret not recording the details. This little thing is SO active. I have loved every second of it and am thankful that it likes to move so much.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday with the nurse since my doctor was out of town. I am officialy 24 weeks(SO crazy). This puts the baby at the same size as a thing of corn on the cobb (again CRAZY)!
The nurse was happy to report a heart beat of 133 beats per minute!
She said that everything looked awesome (including my weight gain...ugh).
We also scheduled my glucose appointment that will take place in a couple of weeks. I'm so not looking forward to that.
I also asked what the big concern with the sandwich meat was, (I don't remember this being an issue in either of my other pregnancies) the risk is apparently food poisoning. Not eating this has been HARD for me. I am obsessed with sandwiches. They are my top pick for lunch every day...oh well I would much rather have a healthy baby.
She also encouraged me to eat a banana every night before bead to help with the charlie horses I get in the middle of the night. I am going to have to try this for sure! I HATE charlie horses! :)
Other than that there was nothing very eventful (thank God). I can not believe that my c-section is only 107 days away (yes I have an app on my phone that tells me that)! Time is flying! I can hardly wait but at the same time am overwhelmed by it all. We have not bought one single item for this baby. Crazy! I know we need to get on it but we are so darn busy in the summer that it is hard to find the time. We also need to work on getting our crib and changing table back from my sister. We have decided to keep the baby in our room until it is sleeping through the night. We only have three bedrooms upstairs and I am not comfortable moving Colten to the basement yet. I just don't think he's big enough. I think eventually we will move the baby into a room with one of the kid's but we haven't gotten that far to figure out what will work best. Oh goodness another thing to think about!
I'm really hoping for some motivation to get all that needs done, done in the near future! I know when Colten was born we had nothing major purchased yet and it all worked out (of course we spent the first eight weeks in the hospital so I'm sure it won't be the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment