Monday, July 18, 2011

Bedtime Prayers...


Can I start this post by mentioning that I have the sweetest kids EVER?
Okay so I know I say that all the time but just when I thought they could not be any sweeter they prove me wrong, and I am so thankful. We have been attempting to let the kids say their bed time prayers on their own for a while now. To me it is important that they pray for what is on their hearts, and we try our best not to push them to pray for things that we want them to pray for. Needless to say that some of their prayers are beyond interesting, however they are all genuine and that is what we were going for. Sunday night I was putting the kids to bed and Colten was taking his turn praying for what was on his heart. He prayed for the usual things, family, friends, no one to hurt, for everyone to have what they need, etc. After that he continued with "thank you God for making Katie my mommy, I love her so much, and she's the best mommy ever". Insert tears here! He definitely gets a get out of jail free card for that one. He also thanked God for his daddy but since daddy wasn't there this mom gets all the bragging rights! I love my kids and we are so blessed to have them in our lives!
This is an oldie but how sweet are they when they sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment