Wednesday, July 20, 2011

3 Surgeries in 4 Years...


Well it is official Colten is scheduled for his 3rd surgery in 4 years. It breaks my heart to watch him go through everything he has been through. I know he got the short end of the stick when he was born eight weeks early, I also knew the odds were against him and in reality we have it a LOT better than a lot of people out there...at least we have him! It just breaks my heart to watch him hurt and have him look at me with those big eyes and wonder why we are putting him through it all. I also know it is much better to get it all over with and then moving forward he won't have anything holding him back! The thing that bothers me so much about this one is the fact that it could have been prevented. When he was about 4 months old he had a couple of hernia's repaired, well the scar tissue prevented one of his testicles from dropping all the way hence the surgery to go in and repair it. His is more complicated because the surgeon can not cut where he wants to. Since he has already been cut on both sides for the hernia repair, the surgeon has to go in trough the sac and get it that way...Poor little guy. I know he will pull through and be strong but this mama is worried about him (I know it's natural)! Like I said I wish he wouldn't have to go through any of it, however he does so I guess we will count our blessings and get ready for August 9th! It will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment