Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me...

My birthday (and my brother's) was back on March 4th. I have to start by saying I LOVE my birthday. It is always a great day. I think I like it even more now that I am a mommy. What is better than having three sweet faces sing happy birthday to you? That however is not why I love my birthday. I love it because it is the one day of the entire year that I can do WHATEVER I want and not have to feel guilty about it. It is my day and it gets to be all about me (and my brother, it is his day too, but really mostly mine!). I know that probably sound awful but since I have become a mom I love having my one day a year. There is nothing better than my children but every now and again you need a guilt free non-caring day. A day when someone else worries about all the details. My wonderful husband goes above and beyond every year so that I can have the perfect day. This year he scheduled me a massage and a pedicure on Saturday (the day before my birthday). On Sunday morning he arranged it so I could sleep in (took all the kids to the grandma's since he had to work)let me just tell you I slept until about 11 and it was beyond wonderful. I can not remember the last time that I have gotten to sleep that late. He also made arrangements for both lunch and dinner. I did let my brother pick where he wanted to go for lunch and he picked the olive garden which I enjoy too. After lunch we had blast ball followed by a nap for me! At dinner everyone came over for some taco lucha and gifts. Again my husband went above and beyond (a coach wallet, and ice cream cake). I hope he knows how much I appreciate everything he does for me to make my day so special. It is appreciated more than he will ever know! Like I said Happy Birthday to me. It really was a perfect day surrounded by our wonderful family.
Uncle Brett the birthday boy with two of his nieces.

She was to tired from keeping her mama up all night to enjoy the festivities!

My big boy and I at lunch...I promise he does love me...maybe not as much as he loves to color but he does love me despite the look on his face.

Auntie Whit and Grandma.

Bricen!

I did allow Grandpa Mike and Uncle Dan to put together Aubrey's barbie house...in a way this task was about me too because it meant that I didn't have to do it later!

Not sure where all these from...in the blink of the eye we have gone from having 0 kids around to having 7! Crazy I know.

Little Mya loves to eat!

Like I said the perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment