Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Moving On Up...

Colten had a follow up appointment yesterday with his endocrine doctor. I always have to fight back emotions at these appointments but yesterday was even worse. These are always the appointments where I can not help but think I should be bringing two in. It NEVER fails we ALWAYS see a set of twins at them, and the doctor ALWAYS mentions something about him being a twin. Unfortunately we do not get to see the same doctor every time so we get to explain the situation every time. It always breaks my heart. Poor Colten. He always looks at me like I am losing my mind. I think I might be. He is the sweetest thing ever and tries to comfort me when I know he is scared to death of the blood work, etc. he thinks is getting ready to happen. I love that little man so much!

Okay enough with the pity party onto the important stuff!

The doctor said he’s doing awesome. She wants us to try shots every day for a while (we normally skip Friday nights but Saturday's he is usually a MESS and a giant grump) she said that his body may not be able to handle the hormone missing for a day. She thinks his blood sugar is probably dropping low on the days we skip shots and his body isn’t regulating. She said if I don’t notice a difference I can go back to six days a week! I hope it helps. She said he’s in the 25th percentile (up from the 3rd) in height, and the 25th percentile (up from the 10th) in weight. The doctor also said if she had to guess today she thinks he’s going to be 5’9” which is higher than the 5’2” they said he’d be if we did nothing. It makes me so glad we decided to go ahead with the shots! I know that we don't only do them for the height (he would be missing the hormone all together if we did nothing) but to me that is a big deal. I want him to have EVERY advantage in this world that he can get. As long as he doesn't mind the actual shot I am all for this. I'm so thankful that there is something that can be done to help him. He goes back in September for a follow up, and I expect him to stay on the same curve he's on currently. We are so blessed to have had a 2pound 15ounce baby I wouldn't trade for anything in the world! I am so proud with how hard he fought for his life and I know there are great things in store for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment